Obtuse Revelations by Danielle

Dare to dream, hope, believe, seek, feel, find, and love.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Virtual Friends


Some days I think, what’s the point of all this?
And then I remember something someone said about positive energy. Or I hear “Iris” on the radio and I remember why I started all this.

Internet relationships are hard to maintain...people get busy...move on to other interests...people’s needs are constantly changing.

In real life, most relationships are a result of give and take. They are based on a need for human contact or love or friendship. Even then, people change and move on, lose touch with each other. On the Internet, you may never see the other person, or know their real name for that matter. So what is the purpose?

There is a lot to be said about “universal connections” in regards to these exchanges. We still experience emotions and care about the other person. It’s hard to explain to someone who has never experienced it, and even harder to understand sometimes.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, even though I’m not in contact with my Internet friends, I’m still thinking about them. They are still as important to me as any friend I have in the “real” world.




Iris

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

~Goo Goo Dolls~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home